Italian architect Paolo Russo Scuderi designed and built the church between 1934 and 1936. The religious order that manages the Cristobal Colon School is in charge of the administration of the temple. Currently it was elevated to “Archdiocesan Marian Sanctuary of Maria Auxiliadora”.
An art piece was added to the Main Altar in 2013, which transmits the beauty of faith; a replica of a painting of Maria Auxiliadora worked by artist Tomas Lorenzone by request of San Juan Bosco in 1865 for the Turin Basilica in Italy.
The artwork, painted by artist from Cuenca David Pacurucu Regalado following the original painting, was unveiled on December 8, 2013.
The pointed arches located at the entrance hall of the chapel; the painting of the Virgin of Maria Auxiliadora located in the Main Altar.