×
×

Old Building of the University of Guayaquil Medical School (Heritage)

History

It was the first building of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Guayaquil, built between 1931 and 1932, by Jose Antonio Gomez Gault. Currently the Campus of the Politecnica del Litoral College (Espol) in las Peñas is located there.

Attractions

In its interior stands the sober layout of its spiral-shaped wood stairs. It has two gardens open to the public, which serve as habitat to six large Galapagos tortoises brought from the Colon Archipelago, which are under the care of the College.

Address: 
Malecon Simon Bolivar Avenue and Loja Street.
Parish: 
Carbo
Photo gallery: 
Old Building of the University of Guayaquil Medical School (César Mera).