The house known as “Villa Golagh” was built in 1925, originally for the family of Pedro Miller y Gutierrez and his wife Mercy Wright. It was designed and built by engineer Pedro Manrique Acevedo, who retook the Art Nouveau lines, which later, in some cases, was called art deco. In 1949, the Piana Bruno family formed by captain Francisco Piana and his wife Clara Bruno Cavanna bought the house.
In 2006, the house was acquired by the Municipality of Guayaquil and later donated to the Ecuadorian Navy trough an agreement for a cultural project that integrates to the Armada Park.
The style of the villa is inspired in a neoclassic castle that belonged to an ancestor of the Wright family who lived in Golah, Ireland. It was built in reinforced concrete and the iron, cement, tiles and decorations were brought from England.
The excellent architectonic conception that gathers the best of the world’s architecture of the time, which neoclassic style reminisce the old Irish castles of the city of Golah.
The bottom part of the three-story house was used for the garage, kitchen, service areas and the bedrooms for domestic workers. The first floor corresponds to the living room that is accessed by a staircase, and the second floor was destined to the bedrooms of the owners. There are two towers in the exterior of the house.
The access staircase stands out for the concrete balusters, the iron designs of the balconies, the iron and wood handrails and the bas-reliefs that represent races of horses and men.