Monumental Stadium (Banco del Pichincha)

Estadio Monumental

History

The Monumental stadium belongs to the Barcelona Sporting Club, an institution founded on May 1 of 1925 under the sponsorship of Spanish and Ecuadorian businessmen. It was inaugurated on May 26 of 1988. Afterwards, between 1992 and 1994, the place was remodeled to increase its capacity.

The stadium is considered one of the best in South America and it was built thanks to the initiative of businessman and sports manager Isidro Romero Carbo for Barcelona to have its own stadium. Currently the sports venue bears the commercial name of Banco del Pichincha (Pichincha Bank).

Capacity

The stadium has a capacity of 75,000 spectators in its different sections divided in: 34,000 general seats, 20,000 tribunes, 10,300 boxes and 10,000 seats inside the suites; also 300 seats for the press.

 

Address
Barcelona S.C. Avenue and the Barcelona pedestrian bridge (next to Bellavista)
Parish
Tarqui